Saturday, October 26, 2019

October 26

I did a lot of running around today, but I didn't really take the time to notice anything. It frustrates me when I do that because it means I'm not really living out an attitude of gratefulness, and because it makes these entries hard to write. So as I headed to my spot on the couch a little while ago to plunk down for movie night with Adam and Abby, I asked God to give me something. Anything. And of course, He did.

Pardon the very old pedicure, but the second I sat down, Adam started to rub my feet. It's not an unusual thing for him to do, but it was unusual in that I wasn't exactly sure I deserved the luxury this evening. See, I got frustrated with him for spilling a glass of water earlier that soaked my wallet, my phone, and my keys, and I didn't handle the annoyance as well as I could have. But he showed me grace anyway. So this evening, I'm grateful for a practical reminder that we all need grace, and that it's a blessing to both give and receive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment