Friday, October 25, 2019

October 25

I grew up an Orioles fan and DC didn't even have a baseball team back then, but watching the Nationals play in the World Series this year strikes a chord of nostalgia for me anyway.

Since we live in California and rarely venture back east, I rarely to get share anything DC or Maryland-related with my kids, and sometimes that truth makes me sad. My kids are born-and-bred west coasters, and sometimes I feel like their lack of a physical connection to my homeland means they don't know much about me and how I came to be who I am. But right now, with the Nats in the mix, I can sit with the boys (and Abby, though she's not a baseball person) and remember what it was like to grow up there and even share little vignettes from my past. So for the opportunity, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment