Sunday, October 6, 2019

October 6

Our college pal Kristine had her first child on September 25, and today Adam and I finally got to visit them. (Ignore the old lady hair. I swear it's not that wiry in real life.)

Little miss Lily was a perfect angel while we took turns holding her and absorbing her newborn baby sweetness. And Kristine, although in the throes of new mom tiredness, looked good. And really, truly happy.

I love this for her. I love that she's getting to experience parenthood after thinking that it may not happen, and I love that she's in a really blessed place. So on this Sunday night, I'm grateful for all of the wonderful things that have happened for my friend this year. (And I'm also grateful that they live just across town so I can get my baby-holding fix whenever I want. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment