Sunday, October 27, 2019

October 27

I wish I could say otherwise, but my family doesn't take nice photos every year. In fact, the last time we took nice pictures outdoors with an actual photographer was... well, many moons ago. It's hard to imagine taking family photos that you could potentially blow up and hang on a wall over your fireplace when one of your children won't --can't-- be in them with you. But I decided a few weeks ago that it had been long enough, so I texted my friend Chrissy --who happens to be one of our town's best and most popular photographers-- and set up a session for today. And we met her at a local park and took those photos. I had her join us for a selfie before we parted ways:

It was something of a less-than-ideal day for a photo session; high winds whipped our hair around and downed tree branches and even took out the power (a preventive measure by the power company to try to head off wildfires). But we had fun taking them. Chrissy is truly one of the nicest people I know and she does an amazing job working with people (of all ages). And fortunately, her work is top notch, too.

So yes. The time together with Adam and Abby and Isaac and Brady (and Lambie, of course) was a blessing. And the giggles were a blessing. And the time with a friend was a blessing. So I guess you could call it a blessed day. And I am grateful for those moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment