Friday, November 1, 2019

November 1

It may be a crazy coincidence, but I've noticed that the day after Halloween is almost always a no school day for the kids. ("I can't imagine why the idea of wrangling 20 or 30 sugar-crazed kiddos isn't attractive," said no one ever.) Anyhow, today didn't differ from the norm. So after the boys came home from their sleepover and I got back from my customary coffee run to the Mother Ship, I honored Abby's request and took them to Black Bear Diner for a late lunch.

Given that it was already nearly one o'clock, there was a significant wait for a table, followed by a significant wait to place and order and an even more significant wait for our food to arrive. I wasn't feeling particularly patient, but Isaac and Brady entertained themselves handily by taking a succession of silly selfies.

I watched them for a little while, and unlike most of the experience, those silly faces broke the tension a bit and made me smile. Like I so often say, life is lived mostly in the little moments, and I'm thankful to have had these little moments today.

No comments:

Post a Comment