Thursday, November 7, 2019

November 7

Last night at TPC (aka the boys' baseball clinic), Brady was named baseball player of the month. I wasn't there when the honor was bestowed so I don't know exactly why he was chosen, but I'm sure respect and effort were qualifiers. They gave him a shirt, and he wore it to school today. Here he is:

I could tell when he got home that he was super pleased. And I could tell that Isaac was just as pleased for his little brother, even though he's older, arguably works harder, is a good, respectful student, and has never won the honor himself. It would've been easy --and understandable-- had he been jealous, but he wasn't. At all.

So today, I'm proud of both of them for being awesome people. And I'm grateful for the reminder that it's more important --and maybe even more rewarding-- to choose to celebrate one another than it is to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment