Wednesday, November 20, 2019

November 20

Since it's conference week (and I won't talk about the disaster that drop-off is for a parent with kids at all three levels of school on late-start day during this particular week but oh-my-gee-NO), I get extra time with Brady, since the elementary schools operate on a minimum (half) day schedule. So today, we walked home, he did his homework, and then we went to Walgreens so I could pick up a prescription. And then we used up the last few minutes before middle and high school pick-ups by poking around in the Hallmark next door.

Brady is absolutely a talker, so it was fun to follow him around and listen as he commented on anything and everything he saw. Some comments reinforced preferences I already knew (like his affinity for Minions, video games, and Mickey Mouse) while others were more enlightening (like his unlikely fascination with glass Christmas ornaments. When I asked him why, he said he liked how the light shined through the colors. Go figure). And one comment made my heart melt. We were standing next to a display of Alex and Ani bracelets. He watched intently as I looked at what was available, and finally looked up and me and said "tell me which ones you like. I'll remember."

I loved the sweet sentiment behind that remark and I love the sweetness of my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment