Monday, November 4, 2019

November 4

I was sitting at the dining room table just now playing on my laptop while I sipped a glass of post-dinner wine when I heard the opening bars of a recently-popular worship song from the other room. Then a few seconds later, I heard Abby's voice navigating the lyrics. I sat, closed my eyes, and listened as she "performed." (And of course, I ran in to take a stealth-pic, too.)

The teenage life is a hard one, filled with plenty of potholes and even more opportunities to make bad decisions. So tonight, as I listen to her crooning "Reckless Love" in the family room, I'm thankful that my girl has a strong sense of right and wrong and that somehow, in spite of me and the sometimes specious example I set for her, she has faith. Because that is a powerful thing to have at an early age.

1 comment: