Sunday, November 24, 2019

November 24

We had a nice, quiet day at the cabin. (Well, quiet except for the boys periodically running around like banshees, but that's par for the course.) There were football games watched and Jr Jeopardy games played and a walk taken around the neighborhood. And then this evening, there was dinner down the mountain at the Snowshoe Brewery.

It was a chilly'ish 40something degrees outside and not super warm inside the restaurant, so when I noticed Brady shivering in his chair, I had him come and sit with me. And as we sat together, it occurred to me that he's almost nine years old and that the past decade has flown by. So I pulled him close and cuddled him, because I know the days of him wanting to sit in his mom's lap are limited. So for the blessing of that time and for the awareness that I should soak in every moment of his sweet eight-year old'ness while I still can, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment