Saturday, November 16, 2019

November 16

After a lackluster night of sleep, I awoke on the proverbial wrong side of the bed. I was unable to collect my thoughts in a coherent way so the mood persisted on and off throughout the day until this evening, when I saw this on Facebook.

I clicked to read a sermon recently delivered by an old friend and was surprised to find that he'd referenced Logan at its end. He too knows the pain of losing a child, so I wasn't at all bothered by the mention. And in fact, although I ugly-cried as I read it, I was heartened by the truth of his words: that we're all alive to God -- even those who are no longer here with us on earth. Even his Mack. Even Logan.

So although the sting of moving forward without him physically present still rips and tears at my heart and I still have days and weeks when I feel like I just can't keep walking, it's so, so good to be reminded --again-- that the pains of this human life are temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment