Friday, April 17, 2020

April 17

The boys have spent time in the pool every day this week. There's just something about the allure of the water that regardless of whether it's sunny or cloudy or 80 degrees or just 60, they feel compelled to finish their school work and then immediately ask if they can take a dip.

Today, I noticed that they'd once again taken a small bunch of their favorite stuffed animals out and seated them poolside, so I asked why, and they explained that they were giving them swimming lessons. My heart surged with affection for them.

I love that even though they're both good athletes who can kill it on a baseball diamond, at ages 9 and 11, they still love their stuffed animals. I love that they still play with them and that they still play with each other (when they're not fighting). I know these sweet early years won't last forever, so I'm trying to remember to appreciate them --truly, wholeheartedly treasure them-- every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment