Thursday, April 30, 2020

April 30

Even I said it to myself as I snapped this shot tonight: Oh, look. Another sunset pic from Sherry's back yard. Boo yah. And then I took a closer look at the image.

See, I was so focused on the place where the sun had dipped below the horizon that I completely missed the patches of bright pink further up in the sky.

I know I do that more often than I'd like to admit: I focus on what I can see in the right here-right now rather than trying to see the bigger picture. And had I not looked up this evening, I would've completely missed the blessing that was that seemingly random bright pick cluster of illuminated cloud.

So... be sure to look up. Always look up, beyond what you can see in front of you, because something much greater will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment