Tuesday, April 21, 2020

April 21

We had an unexpected pair of visitors this morning.

We were all engaging in our usual weekday activities when Isaac called out "hey, there are ducks in the pool!" So, because we've been sheltering-in-place for over a month now and are very interested in all novelties, we all ran to the window to look, and sure enough, a duck couple was paddling their way across our pool.

We watched (and giggled and cooed and uttered amused exclamations, if I'm honest about it) as they floated along and then as, one at a time, they hopped out and onto the concrete. We (and the male duck) watched as the female preened for several minutes. And then they flew off (after Adam Googled 'ducks in pool' and discovered that duck poop is bad for us and chlorine is bad for ducks and encouraged them to depart).

I'm sure I've seen thousands of ducks in my lifetime, but these were by far the two most interesting ones I've watched to date. So although it's a very small thing, I'm thankful that they showed up to give us a wee break from the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment