Thursday, December 10, 2020

December 10

Today was, as have many recent days have been, something of an unremarkable one. I wandered through a few stores (mostly for exercise and sanity, but also to buy a few Christmas gifts), worked on one of my ongoing projects, and went to Costco with Adam.

Then later, after dinner, I realized that I'd forgotten to turn on my little peg tree (which is currently situated on the windowsill in the dining room). And so I did.

And looking at it made me smile. Both my mom and my grandma had this kind of tree when I was young and I always enjoyed arranging and rearranging the pegs. This one is particularly sweet to me because Adam gave it to me a few years ago, and unlike lots of like-trees that are out in stores today, the pegs on mine actually DO move.

Good memories are blessings for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment