Thursday, December 17, 2020

December 17

I'd like to say that I know where all of the Christmas decorations are but the truth is that I have no clue. I know they're somewhere in the garage and I know that if I dedicate myself to the task of finding them, I will. But as of today, I've just grabbed a few items piecemeal-style and brought them up to the main level.

This is the absolute gem that I found this afternoon while poking around.

In case it's hard to read, the base is painted with the identifiers "2010" and "Logan." So although I can't remember for sure, I'm guessing that Logan made this in the play room at the hospital. Ten years ago.

My breath caught in my throat when I saw it. Though I can't remember him making this, per se, I can remember sitting with him in that room, making pipe cleaner spiders and watching him bee-bop around the room to the sounds of music in his head, IV pole in tow.

They're bittersweet memories for sure, especially this time of year when my one wish for Santa is to have him back in a tangible way for Christmas. But I'm thankful to have them, and I'm thankful for treasures like this tree that can serve as a temporal fingerprint on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment