Wednesday, December 30, 2020

December 30

One of the things I've grown to enjoy about my Christmases in Maryland are my biennial get-togethers with these ladies, but since this is a California year, I'd assumed I wouldn't see them. However, since COVID prevented them from meeting in person, we opted for a Zoom meet-up instead. So voila, I got to see them and catch up a bit this morning.

Wendy, Iris, Jen, Shay, Krista, Jenn, and Eileen. We were all in the same middle (well, it was called intermediate) school class and though I didn't know any of them particularly well at the time, I've really enjoyed getting to know them better as adults. They're all funny, intelligent, and determined women, and although our lives are all very different, I do so love how we can come together and chat and bless each other like we do. (Well, I can only speak for myself, but they definitely bless me!) So for all of them and for their openness and for the laughs we get to share, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment