Monday, December 14, 2020

December 14

Today is Brady's 10th birthday. Yup, much to my amazement, my baby has officially entered the extensive double-digit years.

Since online school is a Thing and COVID is (still... UGH) a Thing, he spent half of his big day up in his room, but he did come downstairs to enjoy his lunch pick (Little Caesar's pizza in both pepperoni and sausage) to the tune of five slices. Oh, and a gingerbread cookie, too.

And later in the day, after he and Isaac enjoyed some video game time, we dined on his dinner pick --carryout from Applebees-- in the kitchen nook. And then he and I caught a bit of the Ravens Monday Night Football game while Isaac and Abby decorated his chosen white-cake-with-strawberry frosting. Then there were presents in the family room and said-cake and mint chocolate chip ice cream with the birthday song. Finally, he closed out the day with more video gaming. I think that all in all, he had a good birthday.

Truthfully, I've not let myself think much about the happenings of 10 years ago because the memories still have sharp edges. But I'm deeply grateful for the bright spot that Brady was back then, and for the bright light he continues to be now.

No comments:

Post a Comment