Saturday, December 11, 2021

December 11

I had my first meet-up with the Prayer Shawl Ministry ladies this morning, and I loved it.

It's true that I'm a bit on the younger side, but I had a really nice time chatting and getting to know some of my fellow knitters and crocheters. (And adding the collection of shawls I'd amassed to the box!) We had a devotional, wrote out cards, enjoyed some tasty treats, and picked out shawls to be donated this month. Then we blessed them and went about our days.

And I even have a funny little anecdote, too. Three or four years ago, I witnessed an accident and I pulled over to check on those involved. The girl who was at fault was already being attended to by someone else, so I turned my attention to the older woman whose car had been hit. She was unharmed but shaken, so I decided to stick around and talk with her until I was sure she was okay. I put her name and number in my phone so I could call and check on her later in the week, but when I called, she didn't answer. And then I forgot all about it. 

Every now and then I'd see that name in my phone and wonder what had happened to her but figured I'd probably never know. And then today, as the ladies introduced themselves to me, I realized I was sitting across from that woman. I already knew it was her, but I asked if she'd been involved in an accident a few years ago and she said yes and I told her that it was me who'd hung around to be with her. And I quietly marveled over the "coincidence." It was a small-world moment.

And I think it was a Big God moment, too. I so love it when things come full-circle like that. And I love being in rooms filled with wise women. The whole experience was a wonderful blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment