Tuesday, December 21, 2021

December 21

Since it's the last half-week of school before Christmas, the schedule's been a little... unusual. 

Kids have trickled in and out at various times; today, for example, Abby got home at 1 after her second final exam of the day, I picked up a pajama-clad Brady (PJ day and all) from his early release at 2'ish, and then I headed out again to pick up Isaac at the regular dismissal time. (For some reason, middle school is on a normal schedule. I have no idea why.)

Anyway, when I got home with Isaac in tow, I disappeared into the family room to put down my phone and heard Abby skittering down the stairs. A moment later, I heard a commotion in the entryway, and when I came around the corner to investigate, I found these three like this. 

It was a goofy hug, because they were slowly moving en-masse toward the kitchen, but it warmed my heart. I love them and their silliness, I love their love for each other, and I love being their mom. It's a blessing all-around.

No comments:

Post a Comment