Monday, December 6, 2021

December 6

I like a lot of songs that I hear on the radio these days, but I have a special affinity for this one.

The message is as simple as the name --God is good-- but it's striking to me nonetheless for an important reason that I've not always been okay with admitting: I've not always believed that statement to be true.

There were very hard things in my childhood and very hard things in my college days. And then just when life seemed very, very good indeed, we found out that Logan was sick. And then in spite of my prayers, he died.

So yeah, it's fair to say that I haven't always thought that God was particularly good or just. But now? Now I believe it fully. I believe that regardless of my circumstances, God is still fabulously good and kind and forgiving. So for that truth, and for how far I've come, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment