Friday, December 31, 2021

December 31

And just like that, the ninth year of this little experiment of mine --this concerted effort to identify the ways in which God moves every single day-- is about to draw to a close. It's absolutely stunning to realize that it's already been NINE YEARS, but here we are.

And there were plenty of places where I saw signs of God's goodness and grace on this New Year's Eve. He was in the trip with my now-released-from-isolation niece for some yarn. He was in our drive down to Silver Spring, and in the laughter-buoyed gathering with a group of amazing women I've known since we were girls back in junior high school. 

He was in the quick stop at my grandma's house on the way home and in the brief exchange that we shared as I congratulated on her being just hours from her second '22. (Since she was born in 1922.)

And He's here in my brother's house, where right now most of the family is playing a rousing game of Class Struggle on the living room floor. (While others are spending time computer'ing and dealing with the Pants Gnome's shenanigans.)

To be fully real, it's been a less than great year. In some ways, it's been awful and I've spent more time than ever huddled on my closet floor with my Bible, trying to find clarity. But even amid the less-than-greatness, I know that God has great things in store for all of us. And I'm looking forward to seeing what He has planned for me, for my family, for my friends... for everyone I know and love. 

Thank you for hanging out with me here. I wish you all a wonderfully blessed 2022. 

No comments:

Post a Comment