Thursday, December 30, 2021

December 30

It was overcast and rained on and off for much of the day, so we opted out of any grand adventuring today.

After all were showered and dressed, we headed out to indulge Abby's desire for IHOP. From there we visited a UPS Store in hopes of sending some of our gifts back to California ahead of time, but as it happened, they weren't taking plastic because their nationwide system was down (go figure, eh?). So we'll have to try again another day.

Then we went to my mom's house for a visit. My old Strawberry Shortcake house from many (many) moons ago is still there, so I took a few minutes to re-arrange the furniture and set up the dollies for a chat, which was a lovely little shot of nostalgia. Before we headed out, I had mom and the kiddos recreate two pics from two years ago, and I was once again flummoxed by how much Isaac has grown. Two years ago, he was about the same size as my mom, and look at him now. Boing!

After promising that we'd see her again before we go home, we went by the Mother Ship (because I had a hankering for some blonde roast) and I was surprised that they were out of everything we tried to order: no blonde, no cake pops, no caramel brulee lattes. (What?!) So it was a blonde Americano to the rescue. (I know, boohoo. First world problems!) 

Back at Bobby's, I pulled out a new skein of yarn and decided to try my hand at an "experienced" level granny square; we dined on quiche prepped by my brother; and eventually congregated in the family room for Thursday Night Football. 

So that's another simple day on the books. Just a quiet one, but I am grateful for the hours nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment