Tuesday, December 14, 2021

December 14

Today is Brady's 11th birthday.

I know I say pretty much the same thing every time one of my kids has a birthday --something along the lines of "I can't believe said-kid is already said-age"-- but I'll repeat myself again now because it's true: it's amazing that it's already been 11 years since this kiddo entered the outside world and unwittingly brought a sense of peace and hope to an incredibly difficult reality.

Brady is smart and sharp-witted and quirky and goofy. And he makes me laugh on a daily basis with his silly dances and snappy comebacks and random remarks. And he casually tosses out observations that signal a depth of thought and understanding that transcend his chronological age. 

So today we celebrated another year with this son and brother of ours with California Pizza Kitchen for dinner, presents, and chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. And I will head off to bed in a bit feeling thankful for every happy moment he's added to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment