Wednesday, December 22, 2021

December 22

Thankfully, school is finally out. Finally. (I'm not bitter that they were in session this long, really. Noooo.) 

We did as we often do at semester's end and celebrated with a late lunch at Mountain Mike's. 

I won't lie: I feel like we kind of weedwhacked our way through the jungle that was the past several months. The ongoing uncertainty of COVID combined with college apps and multiple teenagers under the roof and a very busy work schedule for Adam made life seem strangely hectic. And it left me longing for real, pure downtime. Just time, really.

So now, with Adam formally on vacation for a little while and Abby, Isaac, and Brady at long last on break, I'm ready to embrace the silence of the season; the quiet moments that we miss when we're not looking for them. I'm ready to sit back and reflect on Jesus and how He gave us something to aspire to amid the pervasive brokenness of this world. 

I am ready, in short, to focus on thankfulness, because thankfulness... that's the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment