Tuesday, March 1, 2022

March 1

Brady had a pre-season game at the Sports Park this evening. While he and his team warmed up on the diamond, Isaac and I took a partial loop around the park.

The temp was t-shirt comfortable and my boy was in a good mood, so I enjoyed the stroll. I watched as he attempted pull-ups on a number of trees (with varied degrees of success) and as he noted the scores of cherry blossoms along the path. At one point, he stooped down to pick one up. He studied the tiny flower up-close, mused that he liked it, and --after asking if it was a good idea-- he popped a petal in his mouth (against my suggestion) and immediately announced that no, it did not taste good. It was strange. Very, very strange.

Teenage boys are weird. But they're also wonderful in that weird, whimsical teenage boy way. And I am thankful for mine in all of his wonderful weirdness.

No comments:

Post a Comment