Monday, March 14, 2022

March 14

Your eyes do not deceive you: that is indeed a brace on Isaac's left wrist. But I'll back up a bit to explain.

His swing was off all weekend long. It looked weird at times and he took too many pitches that were too close to take, which resulted in uncharacteristic looking strikeouts. And then after yesterday's double header, he approached me with tears in his eyes and quietly told me that it really hurt.

What really hurt? 

His wrist, which he apparently tweaked during batting practice before Saturday's game. I looked at it right away and saw that it was swollen. And when I touched his thumb and told him to move it, he cringed. So he played not one, not two, but three games while injured. When I asked him why on earth he didn't say anything, the explanation was simple: he didn't want to sit out.

So when he got up today and admitted that it still hurt when I inquired, I made an appointment with the doctor, who braced it and sent him for an x-ray. The latter was fortunately negative so no break, but he's still out of all physical activity for at least two weeks. 

Drama aside, tonight I'm grateful that it's not fractured and am hopeful that the healing process will be quick and that we'll be able to figure out why he's suddenly susceptible to injury. (Because between his shoulder and this... iish.) And I'm thankful for his positive mood, because although he can't play, he still plans to suit up, sit in the dugout (and maybe serve as a base coach), and help cheer his team on.

(And the second pic? Well, that's my most recent finished project. It's sunny and cheerful and it makes me smile, so I thought I'd share it as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment