Friday, March 18, 2022

March 18

Way back when, I made a lot of friendship bracelets. I remember how excited teenage me would get whenever she saw that embroidery thread was on sale. So when Abby came home from school today and shared that she'd learned how to make them from a friend, it took me way back. And it made me remember that I had this:

It's a bracelet that I made probably 30 years ago. I found when we were moving into our house back in 2020 and put it on one of the kitchen desk shelves for safe keeping. So I retrieved it and tied it around my girl's wrist.

And as I did so, she chirped "Amador colors!" because her school colors are indeed purple and gold. 

As far as I can remember, no one else has ever worn this one, so it's poetic to think that teenage me made it for her own future teenage daughter without even knowing what she was doing.

Funny, huh? I think so. And it also points to the truth that God makes things like that happen every day: clarity to muddy situations, solutions to seemingly impossible problems. And meaning to long-forgotten things we did 30 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment