Saturday, March 19, 2022

March 19

It sprinkled a bit this morning but the downpour originally predicted didn't materialize, so we were at the Sports Park bright and early for Brady's game. And to drop Abby off at work.

As I stood behind the backstop chatting with a fellow Pirate mom, Abby and Sarah drove up on the cart to make a product delivery to the satellite snack table. And because I am me, I had to take a pic before I'd let them go. 

These two were in a play group together many, many moons ago: I think Sarah was 3 and Abby was 2 when we started meeting. I kept in loose touch with her mom via Facebook over the years and always thought the two of them would get along really well, but they went to different elementary schools so the opportunity to connect simply wasn't there. And life pressed onward.

But then this year, their Senior year, they re-discovered each other. And from my mom-perch, I'm loving the friendship that's developing. Sarah is a really, really nice girl and Abby likes her (just like I knew she would!). I feel blessed that although they only have a handful of months until they're off to their respective colleges for the next chapter of this life, they're getting the opportunity to bless each other now. Because regardless of what's to come, now matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment