Wednesday, March 2, 2022

March 2

When I visit the Mother Ship these days, I typically get an ice water along with my coffee. I don't usually finish said-water but I bring it along in the car because I know that Isaac will ask me if I have anything he can drink when I pick him up from school. And that's exactly what he did today, so I passed the cup to the backseat. But what happened next took me by surprise.

I was peripherally aware of a brief exchange between Isaac and Brady, and then I heard the crackle of a top being removed, and the distinctive slosh of liquid in motion. Then I heard a muffled thank you followed by the sounds of both boys gulping.

He shared with his little brother.

It's a small thing, but those entirely un-mom prompted moments mean so much to me. It's a blessing to see them loving each other in practical, everyday ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment