Wednesday, March 30, 2022

March 30

Isaac had practice this evening. I usually make the drive up the freeway on Wednesdays and more often than not I take one of his teammates along, too (since as I always say, I'm going anyway!). So Isaac and G and I hit the road a little after 4.

I took laps around the local shopping mall while they did their thing on the diamond. At one point, Isaac texted to let me know that one of his other teammates needed a ride home. So when practice wrapped up, Isaac, G, and A all trooped out to my car and we hit the road again.

Although part of me actually gags at the very notion of driving 40 minutes in a car surrounded by a trio of post-practice teenage boys, I'll admit the truth: I loved it. I loved being able to do something practical for --and with-- my boy and his friends.

Presence --mine for others and others' for me-- is a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment