Thursday, March 24, 2022

March 24

I tend to nest in my crochet supplies.

By "nest" I mean "pile them around my seat in the family room until it actually looks like I'm sitting in a small animal's nest of variously colored yarn."

Inevitably, the disorder begins to wear on me, but this particular nest sat longer than usual because it looked extra-specially messy. And quite truthfully, I was scared of it. I was scared of the tangled mess of yarn that I assumed I'd find at the bottom. And I thoroughly dislike de-knotting yarn. (Ask my mom.)

But I'd had enough as of this afternoon, so I began the straightening process. I kept expecting each ball to be hopelessly knotted to the one below it, but time after time, they pulled apart easily until all were eventually tucked into a box.

Life can be like that, I think. We look at what seems like a big mess and think "I can't possibly work through this." But the reality is that sometimes things that look like big messes really aren't. And even when we are facing honest to goodness disasters, we can still work through them, especially if we a) take it slow and b) ask God for help along the way. It was a good visual reminder for me, so I thought I'd pass it on to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment