Saturday, March 12, 2022

March 12

I so love baseball season. I love watching them play and I love the little conversations we share in the car before and after practices and games. I practically live in the car toting Isaac and Brady (and a collection of other boys) to and fro, but I love it.

Today's chapter of the Wight Baseball Chronicles found me here in town with Brady and the Pirates, who scored a 2-1 win over the Yanks. (Brady, for his part, went 2-2 with two solid singles.) Abby completed her shift at the snack shack and then joined me on the bleachers to root for our wee number six.

Adam shuttled Isaac to Moraga, where the Rays battled but ultimately fell to the Mavericks. (Oh well: you win some, you lose some. Tomorrow's another day that will features two more games!)

It's a blessing, all of it. The traffic, the schedule conflicts, the little side convos in the car, the games, and the friendships that form. And I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment