Wednesday, November 16, 2022

November 16

It was a relaxed kind of day. I got up late-ish and went to the Mother Ship for my morning sustenance before heading to the next town over to do a little light shopping. (Very light, since all I have is a very small suitcase. It's an excellent spending-control device.) My very long-time friend Gretchen was supposed to meet me for coffee but wasn't feeling well, so she bowed out. Feel better, girl! But at least I still got to have some delicious Roy Rogers roast beef for lunch.

After a few hours back at Bobby's house, I offered to pick up my niece from the bus stop. On the way back, we swung by the Mother Ship for an afternoon pick-me-up and a small dose of chit-chat.

And then this evening, I drove to the next county over for dinner with my middle school gals. The crab cake sandwich was yummy and the glass of prosecco a nice blend of dry and not-so-dry, but the company was the best part of the outing. I had a great time laughing and talking about life with these amazing women I've known for more than 30 years. They may not realize it, but they add a streak of fun pizazz to my life. I only see them every year or two, but they're blessings. Every one of them.

So now I'm sitting on the couch in my brother's house, half watching TV as I write. And feeling grateful for another nice day in Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment