Thursday, November 24, 2022

November 24

Ah, Thanksgiving. Once upon a time, it was a day to dress up and get together with family and eat a lot. Although I'm not super proud to admit it, the "thankfulness" part of the equation wasn't as significant as I trotted from A to B and tried not to forget any important details along the way.

But now --now that I'm a few years older and hopefully more than a wee bit wiser as I view life through the inexorably curved lens of loss and renewed hope-- things are different. And I am really, truly thankful for the people in this image. And for my family back home, and for my friends who --just by existing-- color my life with their vibrancy.

Yep, I still wish Logan were here. I still don't understand what happened or why. But that doesn't mean that I live a life without thankfulness or hope. In fact, I'm increasingly convinced of the truth that true thankfulness feeds hope. And I am deeply thankful to God for the many gifts He's given me over the years, including every single one of you.

Happy Thanksgiving! May the love of God fill your heart with hope as we embark on the holiday season ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment