Wednesday, November 23, 2022

November 23

It was a very pleasant day.

I got up relatively late and sneaked into Abby's room so I could watch her sleep for a minute. Then I went downstairs, decided I wanted to go to the Mother Ship, and went back upstairs to see if she wanted to come along. (She did.) So a little later we were off for some impromptu shopping adventures: Starbucks (where my pal Tony brought me not one but three bottles of wine), Walmart, Target, and Crumbl (because pumpkin pie cookie!). 

Then when we got back home, there were fresh-from-the-oven cheese rolls --a Thanksgiving tradition at our house-- in the kitchen just waiting to be nibbled.

And then while Adam and I went for a walk, the kiddos hunkered down in the living room for a Mario Kart tournament. They were loud and crazy and even broke into song more than once and usually "loud" bothers me, but not today. Today it sounded like music. So tonight, I am thankful for the music my children create without even realizing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment