Friday, November 18, 2022

November 18

Today was a travel day. A very, very long travel day that began in Maryland, took a longer-than-expected pit-stop in Texas, and at long last finished in California.

As I walked to my gate at BWI early this afternoon, I passed a selfie station. I thought it was kind of cute and appreciated the sentiment behind its presence, so even though I felt a little bit hokey doing it, I stopped for a moment to take a pic. And voila, here it is.

It's always good to be thankful, and as I close out this half-month of big birthdays that featured big trips to Chicago and Maryland, I feel a sense of gratitude for the two celebrants. I was honored to help my girl celebrate her 18th --the moment she strode into adulthood-- and honored to be there to see my grandma turn 100 and to watch her shine during her birthday party. They're two amazing women who add so much to my life, and I am so thankful for them.

And I'm also thankful to be home again with my boys (and the beautiful roses they left for me in a vase on the kitchen table. That too).

No comments:

Post a Comment