Sunday, November 6, 2022

November 6

It was an eventful Sunday.

At church this morning, I had the honor of formally welcoming our new pastor to the pulpit. As I stood off to the side with the mic in my hand waiting to speak, I actually had no idea what to say, so I whispered a silent prayer to God asking for the words. And a sense of peace washed over me as I spoke, because I know He granted that request, just like He granted our sincere prayers for a new leader. (Just for the record, Abby was watching online from Wheaton and sent me this screenshot for posterity's sake.) 

Then following a quick pit-stop at home for lunch and wardrobe changes, we loaded into Adam's truck and set off for Brady's last baseball game of the season. At some point during the drive, we heard a series of clunks come from the undercarriage. We didn't think much of those ominous sounds until we turned into the parking lot at the ballfield a few minutes later and the front right tire made a horrible grinding noise. I got out and looked and saw that the wheel was bent inward. Adam wound up missing much of the game (which saw Brady double, walk, and homer as well as pitch a solid inning... but more on that later) as he called a tow truck and returned home to pick up my car. We're not sure what happened, but we're thankful that we didn't wind up stranded (and that we have AAA). As Adam mused, the truck stopped moving at just the perfect time, so I'm grateful for that. (Even if the threat of a potential repair bill does stink.)

Finally, after the game, we went to Brady's team party at Mountain Mike's (which is a pizza place, for those not familiar). We asked for and received access to Brady's stats for the season, and wow, they were incredible. The short version is that he batted a whopping .900 and was the only kid who pitched in every single game. His coach addressed each player with personal remarks, and when he got to Brady, he said he wanted 10% of his second contract when he makes it to MLB (because the second contract is always the better deal). Brady (like Isaac) has always been a great player and it's been amazing to see him shine like we've always known he could.

So yes, some small troubles aside, there was much to celebrate today. So I will go to bed with a very thankful heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment