Monday, November 28, 2022

November 28

I was working on this piece this evening when I noticed a mistake I'd made a few rounds earlier.

The second I saw the goof, I knew it wasn't one I could just work around or hide with a fancy stitch. So I swallowed a gallon of fresh frustration and slowly, gradually un-stitched hours of my work. 

As of now, the mistake has been rectified and I've started re-stitching what was removed. It'll take an hour or two before I'm back where I started, but at least I'm again moving toward completion.

Younger Me would've been mad and probably would've mentally berated herself for being a dingbat. 

But Current Me? I'm okay with it because I know that life is filled with oopsies and corrections and re-corrections. And that as long as I remain open to correction and learn from those errors, I'm gaining the blessing of wisdom. And wisdom is a mighty good thing to possess.

No comments:

Post a Comment