Saturday, December 10, 2022

December 10

Isaac is the kind of kid I have to awaken multiple times each morning. And then he's the kind of kid who stumbles around bleary-eyed and muddled-minded for at least 30 minutes after he gets up. He's also the kind of kid who goes to bed very (very) late, no matter how many times we tell him to go to sleep.

So it was kind of surprising when he cuddled up under a blanket on the couch with his trio of dogs  this evening to watch the Warriors' game and promptly fell asleep. At 6:30.

It was a sweet sight, so I just looked at him for a minute or two. Stuffies aside, he's definitely a teenager now, with his long, gangly legs and arms. And there was something about the veins in his hands that made me think 'wow, he's not a kid. He's really not a kid.' 

Anyway, with all of this in mind, I'm grateful for kids who keep growing toward being the people God intended them to be. And I'm grateful for the blessing of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment