Sunday, December 11, 2022

December 11

Not long ago, I was utterly clueless about today's entry. It's not that I felt like I didn't experience God; it's more that I didn't think to take any photos because there were no real "wow" moments that shouted "capture me, woman!" So I prayed to ask what I should do, and then as if on cue Abby started sending us photos from her evening adventures with her friends and bam, there was my answer. Hopefully she'll forgive me for this, but here's an excerpt from the exchange:

Pastor Mary talked about joy this morning during her sermon, and I have to tell you, seeing my girl with her pals having a good time brings me so much joy. SO much. 

It brought me joy to see them all decked out in their PJs roaming through extensive light displays and it brought me more joy to see them all smiling and posing together as a unit. 

And beyond today's escapades, it brings me joy to think about how well Abby has adjusted to Wheaton and it brings me more joy to know that she's met these amazing young women and gets to be close to them as she navigates this phase of her life. 

And I do mean joy and not happiness, because this joy I feel is so much deeper than happiness. I'm convinced that God ordained these good things for her, so I watch her receive them and live them with joy.

It's such a blessing. And I am grateful for all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment