Sunday, December 4, 2022

December 4

This is not my cat. But I did encounter this sweet little bit of furry marmalade goodness (and another one who was the same color but decidedly more loaf-y) during a post-church slash pre-NFL watch-fest walk with Adam this afternoon.

And I loved meeting both of them. I called them over and cooed at them to gain their trust (which, quite shockingly, worked), and then showered them with pets. It was a very satisfying experience that made me smile.

See, I had cats when I was a kid. Actually, I had at least one cat until a few years ago when long-time feline companion Violet died of old age. And it was then that I realized that I actually have a severe cat allergy. So no more cats for me. I'm a cat person who can't have her own cats.

But I do love encountering them when I'm out and about. I do love feeling their soft fur and hearing their sweet meows. And I love how much just touching then can calm my heart and my mind. 

So today, I'm thankful for the blessing of chance encounters with kitties.

No comments:

Post a Comment