Friday, December 30, 2022

December 30

I was sitting at Starbucks this morning with Abby and Terry when Abby's attention abruptly focused on something out the window. Terry and I craned our necks to see what she was seeing, and then before I could fully register "wow, rainbow," they'd both jumped up from their seats and headed outside to take photos of the spectacle in the sky.

My knees ached with their customary "it rained yesterday and it's going to rain tonight" pain, so I stayed put, but I did lean over and snap this pic of my girl taking her pics.

I love that something as simple as a rainbow can captivate her attention, so I'm thankful that it does. And I'm thankful that Terry --who's had a tough month-- found a few moments of hope and joy in those colors, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment