Thursday, December 8, 2022

December 8

I'm so thankful for days that brim with so many blessings that choosing one event as a focal point feels like I'm understating the greatness of God. So I won't pick just one.

After I dropped the boys at school, I headed to the Mother Ship, where I enjoyed my coffee with Terry. My pal's in the middle of dealing with a difficult issue, and though I wish I had the power to change her situation, I feel so blessed to be able to sit with her and listen and offer words of encouragement. Because I know firsthand that having someone to hear what you have to say can be an important part of the healing process.

From there, I went to the ladies' tea at church, where Pastor Mary (pictured) and I laughed over our shared wardrobe neutrality. She gave a great talk on the power and challenges of with-ness (which, to translate for non-English majors, means being Jesus to others by being with them no matter what). And oddly enough, I wound up sitting next to a woman who was a teacher at our old elementary school. (Mrs. Randes, for all my fellow Mohr alums.) She and I had a very nice chat. And I left the tea feeling full, both in belly and in heart.

And then I hopped in the car and drove over to Walmart, where I visited the diecast cars aisle for untapped treasures. Much to my surprise, I found a new collection of eight Corvettes that were produced in honor of the model's upcoming 70th anniversary. It was like I could feel Logan there with me as I scooped them up and headed for the checkout line.

The rest of the day was more or less old hat; the usual stuff. But given that "the usual stuff" is picking up my boys from school (Brady) and weight training (Isaac) and having dinner with my family, I know I'm blessed. 

So for all of that --for the ordinary and the extraordinary moments that made up the minutes and hours-- I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment