Tuesday, October 10, 2023

October 10

I finished a piece recently so yesterday I decided to start a new one.

And because I did that cute thing where I try to keep working even when I'm falling asleep, I quickly messed up the pattern. 

I was already a number of rows beyond the gaffe when I noticed it and quietly berated myself for not paying better attention to my work. But instead of frogging it (aka Ripping It Apart), I kept going, modifying the design as I went. It's kind of a pain that I can't just follow the pattern as it's written, but it's working out so far.

Life is so often like this -- we have our plans all set and ready to go, but then something changes and we're forced to improvise. And the pattern changes and takes on and entirely new and unexpected appearance. But the good news is that the final product can still be beautiful; we can deviate from our intended path and still come out just fine. 

That sweet truth is quite a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment