Saturday, October 28, 2023

October 28

A new friend --who I recently met through an old friend-- collects beanies, gloves, and the like for her local homeless shelter in memory of her own son, who passed away. It just so happens that her son and Logan would be the same age if they were still here, so I wanted to --and felt very much like I should-- help with the effort.

So I've spent the last week making beanies in a variety of sizes and colors. I'm still working, but I'll get them sent off to her early next week.

I don't love what happened to my sweet boy (or to hers), but I do love the love that's arisen from our tragedies. Because those boys lived, underserved people in a chilly climate will have access to hats and scarves and warm winter wear in the months to come. 

God doesn't always answer our prayers in the way we hope, but He always creates ways for goodness to come from bad situations. And for that truth (and for the ability I have to help with this project), I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment