Thursday, October 26, 2023

October 26

I was sitting at the high-top table at Starbucks this morning enjoying my coffee when Nicole, whose son Tyler is one of Isaac's best friends, happened to walk in.

I said hello and we wound up chatting for about an hour before she had to head out for a work-related meeting. And I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation.

Isaac first met Tyler way back in second grade when his family first moved to town. And they've been buddies ever since. For a time, Brady was friends with Tyler's younger sister, too. There have been sleepovers and pool parties and baseball games and so many good times for the two of them.

We don't see his family as often since we moved across town back when the pandemic started, but it's such a blessing to know them. 

So today, I'm thankful for this unplanned but wonderful encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment