Saturday, October 7, 2023

October 7

It was a divide and conquer Saturday: Adam took Brady to a tournament in Manteca while I went north to San Ramon with Isaac.

I wasn't exactly thrilled by the prospect of sitting outside in 95-plus degree heat, but figured hey, how long can it take to play 14 innings of ball? 

Just shy of five and a half hours, that's how long. 

By the time we headed out to the car, Isaac was caked with dirt (hence the photo) and I was hangry. (Not just hungry; I was full-on get-me-a-Snickers hangry.)

But as I sat there in the shade watching them play, I breathed in the experience. Yeah, it was warm, but an absolutely lovely breeze blew all day long. And yeah, I was a little lonely because I don't really know many of the other parents, but I did eventually chat with a few fellow moms. And I got some more work done on the crochet project I'd brought along, too.

It was a long day for sure. But it was also a blessed one, and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment