Wednesday, October 18, 2023

October 18

Wednesdays are interesting these days. Adam usually goes into the office and Isaac and Brady have practice at the same time right after school in different cities (and neither is the one we actually live in). Thankfully one of Isaac's former coaches took him to his practice last week and today (thank you Steve!) so I could get Brady to his, which happened to be a game today (which meant he was supposed to be even earlier than usual). Yeah. Phew.

Anyhow, after the craziness of transportation execution subsided, I settled into the bleachers to take in the action. Brady pitched a solid inning (one strikeout looking, one groundout to second, one hit by pitch, and one hard-hit liner that he snared to end the inning). Although they lost, he was in a good mood afterward and to me, that's a very good thing.

Although I was there by myself, it was such a lovely evening that I didn't mind one bit. So for the blessings of baseball games and sons who play and warm Fall nights, I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment