Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April 1

So it snowed. And then it snowed and snowed some more. And today, we dug through old ski clothes, suited up, and spent a lot of time outside in said fluffy white stuff. Adam built a pretty epic tube run and we had root beer-and-snow "ice cream." There were snowballs thrown and plenty of laughs. It was a good time. And tucked into the mid-section of the fun, this was one of the best parts of the whole day:

It's Adam playing his shovel guitar. A rare moment of levity captured in a single frame.

Adam's always had something of a silly side, but I don't see it often these days. I don't know if he doesn't see much to laugh over or if life is just in the way or what. It's impossibly devastating to lose a child but we still all experience it in our own ways, so I never know precisely where his mind is. But I miss the sillies.

It was good to see him smile and talk about how much he loved watching the snow fall and waxing nostalgic over his childhood trips to the cabin. And it made me happy to see proof that my silly guy is still in there after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment