Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April 2

We headed home from the cabin today. After two days of virtually non-stop snow that dumped about a foot off powdery goodness, the weather this morning was bright and clear, and we enjoyed a peaceful trip home. Before we hit the road and while Adam was trekking down the driveway to load up the car, I gathered the munchkins --and, as it happens, Lambie-- for some selfie fun. This is probably the best of the bunch, despite my grandpa-like hat placement:

I've said it many times before and I'll probably say it many more times in the future, but these little people are so much of what makes my life as great as it is. Even when I have a bad day, they have a way of worming their way into my heart to make me smile; they help me to focus on the good even when the good seems really, really far away and really, really insufficient when weighed against the bad.

I'm infinitely thankful for them and for how they remind me that God is real and good and as-advertised in the Good Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment